Time schedule Program Module 1
Address: KTH School of Architecture, Stockholm, Osquars backe 5, Conference room, level 6.
You need an entry card to get access to floor 6 (take the elevator). A few of us will have an entry card. You can phone them to ask to open the door when needed if the door is closed. You can call: 073-6000906 (Meike Schalk), or Roemer van Toorn (070-3236161).
Wednesday the 21st November 2018
- 11.00 Checking in, and coffee at the KTH, Stockholm.
- 11.30 – 12.00 Welcome Meike Schalk, introduction lecture to the course Roemer van Toorn, and Els Kuijpers.
- 12.00 – 13.00 Lunch.
- 13.00 – 14.45 Seminar lecture “Staging the Message, The Architecture of Communication”, Roemer van Toorn and roundtable discussion with Els
Kuijpers, Karin Reisinger, and Roemer van Toorn.
- 14.45 – 15.00 Coffee.
- 15.00 – 16.45 Editorial session(s) 1, PhD participants short individual presentations (5 min) and roundtable discussion.
- 17.00 Public lecture by Els Kuijpers, “Staging the Message: a Dialectic History of Mentalities in Communication.”
Thursday the 22nd November 2018
- 09.00 – 10.30 Seminar lecture by guest professor Els Kuijpers: “Staging the Message: Strategies, Meaning Production and Visualization.”
- 10.30 – 10.40 Coffee.
- 10.40 – 12.00 Seminar with presentations and roundtable discussion on “Academic publishing and potential Reinterpretations”, Meike Schalk, Karin Reisinger, Els Kuijpers, Roemer van Toorn and the KTH Library.
- 12.00 – 13.00 Lunch.
- 13.00 – 17.00 Editorial Sessions (2) discussing individual PhD work, with Els Kuijpers, Meike Schalk, Karin Reisinger, Roemer van Toorn.
Friday the 23rd November 2018
- 09.00 – 12.00 Editorial Session(s) 3 discussing Individual PhD work, with Els Kuijpers, Karin Reisinger, and Roemer van Toorn.
- 10.30 Coffee.
- 12.00 – 12.30 Lunch.
- 12.30 – 13.30 Concluding (and evaluation) of the module with Els Kuijpers, Karin Reisinger and Roemer van Toorn.
- 14.00 – 15.30 Public lecture by Beatriz Colomina: “Are we Human? The Design of the Species”, Konstfack, Stockholm.
- 16.00 Departure
Good lunch places at/near the Stockholm campus:
– Café in the entry building run by the student union
– Open Café, opposite of the School of Architecture, on the corner
Valhallavägen 79, http://openlabsthlm.se/open-cafe.
– Restaurang Nymble, upper floor in the student union building
Drottning Kristinas väg 15, https://ths.kth.se.
– Vegetarian buffet in the café of the student union building,
Drottning Kristinas väg 15.